PLEASE READ THIS POST CAREFULLY BEFORE MAKING AN APPOINTMENT
Dear Body in Context family,
We are hoping this message finds all of you and your loved ones healthy and well! We are planning a gradual reopening of our Massage Therapy Services with limited availability beginning on Monday May 18th, 2020 for the general populace. This measured reopening will allow us to proceed as safely as possible. We have greatly missed the gift of working with all of you over the last few months, and we are excited to begin offering our services once again.
Please take the time to read this page over CAREFULLY as it contains necessary information and steps for us all to stay safe and continue to working with you all!
PLANNING FOR A SAFE REOPENING:
We need your help to make our reopening as safe as possible. We are taking extra steps to make sure our safety and sanitization protocols are up to code and meet the requirements for Jackson County Oregon Phase 1 of reopening, but it is going to take teamwork on all our parts to help minimize the risks!
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP US: (Steps to take for your appointment)
- FILL OUT MANDATORY COVID-19 SCREENING FORM AND INFORMED CONSENT: Before your next session we will be sending you a mandatory COVID-19 Screening and Informed Consent form. *Please fill this out online before your appointment, as you CANNOT receive treatment without this step.
- COVID SYMPTOMS OR CONTACT SCREENING CALL/TEXT: The morning of your appointment one of our office staff will be contacting you to reassess your COVID-19 screening questions. Inform clinic staff as soon as possible if any of the following occur so that your appointment can be rescheduled:
- I have a temperature of 100°F or above
- I develop any respiratory or flu symptoms, sore throat, or shortness of breath
- I have contact with anyone in the last 14 days who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has coronavirus-type symptoms
- NO EARLY ENTRY: To ensure social distancing and minimize risk of potential spread, we are no longer able to allow you to wait in our lobby before or after your appointment. When you arrive, please park and call the main clinic line at (541)210-5999 from your car to let your therapist know you have arrived. Your therapist will then open the door for you.
- BRING YOUR OWN MASK: Clients/patients please bring your own protective face covering, as this will also help to protect your therapist and other clients. If you do not have a mask, we will provide adjustable masks to be worn in clinic. This mask will need to be worn at all times while in the clinic except when lying face down on the massage table during your treatment.
- TEMPERATURE CHECK: Upon entering the clinic, please step over to our temperature check station for a quick touchless infrared thermometer reading.
- WASH/SANITIZE HANDS After your temperature check, please head over and wash your hands at the sink. Once you finish up with your appointment, we ask that you utilize the hand sanitizer stations in the treatment rooms before leaving the room.
- TIMELY CHECK OUT: Due to the extra time needed for our new sanitization protocols between clients please plan for shorter check ins and check outs. We will be trying to make payments as contactless as possible. For Credit card users, our iPad payment screen will be sanitized between each use.
OUR SAFETY MEASURES:
These are only some of a host of sanitization and safety protocols we have implemented:
- SANITIZATION: Our staff will be sanitizing all client/patient and staff contact surfaces, door handles, and bathroom in between all sessions.
- THERAPIST PREP: Your therapist will be wearing a mask during the entire duration of face-to-face contact per governmental mandate. We will be thoroughly sanitizing our treatment rooms, contact surfaces in common areas, washing our arms and hands and changing shirts between each client.
- STAGGERED APPOINTMENTS: We will be staggering our appointment times and leaving more time between appointments to allow for thorough sanitization and to minimize person-to-person contact between clients/patients.
- HEPA FILTERS & AERATION: We have installed small particle HEPA filters in each room. Our front and back doors will also be propped open between treatments to provide air flow to disperse any airborne virus particles.
- CALL TO SCHEDULE: We are currently manually scheduling clients, but will be opening up online scheduling in the coming weeks. Currently, to schedule please call or text 541.210.5999.
- NO WALK -INS: Walk-in appointments will NOT be accepted
- CANCELLATION FEES WAIVED: Amid the ongoing uncertainty of COVID-19, we have modified our cancellation policy to offer greater flexibility to all our clients. We hope this will alleviate any stress and hesitation you have about an upcoming appointment. If you need to reschedule for whatever reason, and especially if you are not feeling well, we understand and request for you to please contact us as soon as possible to reschedule. To further support you, there will be no penalties for cancellations.
- GIFT CARDS & PACKAGES If you would like to purchase packages or gift cards online, click here
NOTICE: There is no way to social distance with massage therapy and no sanitization measures can completely eliminate the risk of infection.
Doctors and scientists still do not fully understand COVID-19 and exactly every way it spreads, therefore even with strict sanitation and safety protocols we cannot 100% guarantee your protection. If you are part of a high risk group (over 65, immunocompromised, etc) or you don’t feel safe receiving massage therapy, we strongly encourage you to stay home.
We are very much looking forward to seeing your happy and healthy faces again in the clinic and want to thank you so much for your patience as we take the time to re-open with appropriate care and consideration.
All our warmest regards,
The Body in Context Team,